Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Yarn School

I just got home from the most perfect weekend in Harveyville, KS at Yarn School. I spent most of my spinning time working on plying with thread. I feel like I'm getting a little better, but the main thing I need to work on is getting more twist into my singles. Part of the problem is my broken wheel. Things should improve once I get the replacement part.





I got to spend some time in the Dye Lab. Here are a few commercial yarns I dyed:




I also dyed fiber. This super bright wool was in our fiber goody bag.


This is a Merino/silk fiber I brought from home. The colors ran together more than I wanted. I need to remember to leave some white space next time I dye!

I made a few batts on the drum carder that I didn't get a chance to spin while I was there. This one is fiber I dyed, which turned out muddy and ugly. I had hoped that carding it would maybe improve it a bit, but I was wrong. It's still ugly. But who knows, it might spin into something lovely.

The other batts are a random mish-mash of fiber that was provided for carding.




I can't wait for next year!

1 comment:

Zoe said...

pretty! it looks so lovely all washed and laid out. I can't wait for next year!