Monday, June 04, 2007

Gift projects

I crocheted this little circle bag for a friend's birthday using a pattern from the book One Skein. I made some changes - added a lining, used a button instead of a zipper closure, and added handles. The yarn is Fiesta Yarns Zia in Coral Reef colorway.

Here is a cute little tank top I made for Jodi. She recently went shopping for me in Japan and sent a huge box of the most exciting fabric ever! I will have to take photos soon to show the fabulousness of it all.


The pattern is the ChicKami, from Chic Knits. It 's an easy pattern and knitted up pretty quick. I used Classic Elite Patina, a cotton and silk yarn. It's so soft and felt really nice on (yes, I had to try it on!)
I also made this cute dress for a friend's birthday. I've been meaning to make her something for ages and never got around to it. She came for a visit recently, so I was able to fit it to her. The strap on the right looks a little wonky, and I hope my measuring was correct and it doesn't fall off her shoulder. The pattern is one I've had for a few years - Butterick 3076 - and I don't think it's still in print. It was very easy to put together, and it has one of my favorite features, pleats!


Now I'm going to devote a little time to knitting and sewing for myself. I have a dress I need to take apart (my math must really suck, it turned out far too large after a few alterations), a skirt to finish and I've started a cute knitted summer sweater that I'd like to finish before summer is over!

No comments: