Monday, April 30, 2007

Not so good with this blogging business.

It's been almost two months since I last posted. I really wanted to keep this going on a more regular schedule, but I find myself wanting to DO more things in real life, and less on the computer these days.

We've been traveling a lot these past few months, and instead of knitting I've been using airplane time to catch up on reading. Only working part-time has really put a crimp in my reading schedule. It's amazing how many books I used to go through when I had 4-6 hours a day to read at work. Now I'm lucky if I read a couple pages a day.

Now for pictures!
This is a two-ply yarn I spun up from fiber I won as a door prize during Yarn School. It's very squishy, but a little rough feeling. I have about 270 yards of this, plus an additional 94 of the same red fiber plied with blue that I haven't photographed yet. I still have a bunch of blue fiber to spin, and I'm thinking if I spin up the blue and make a two-ply of just blue I might have enough yarn to make a stripey poncho.

I have started a Branching Out scarf from Knitty. I got the yarn from Habu, it's called Frisbee and it's very fine merino. I only have only have one little ball of it, but I think it will be enough for a short scarf. I mainly wanted to practice lace, since I've never made any before.


I started this poncho ages ago using a bulky cashmere from School Products. The pattern is from Vogue Knitting on the Go: Ponchos. I got almost done with the charted part of the pattern and realized I had seriously fucked up a couple of rows at the beginning so I had to frog 4 days of constant knitting. :( But I'd rather do it right than see the mistake every time I wear it. At this point it's a stalled project, it's way to hot to hold that on my lap while I knit. I'll pick it back up in the fall when it's cooler.


This is more handspun yarn, taken in different light. I dyed the fiber at Yarn School. I plan to ply this with thread and seed beads, but first I have to practice plying with thread a little more. I don't want to mess it up!

I also made a cute summer dress in pink, but somehow I miscalculated and it's way too big. So unsewing and resewing is on my agenda for later this month. I have a couple of circle skirts cut out, just waiting for them to hang a few more days since the are cut on the bias before I do any sewing. There is also some secret sewing and crocheting going on - two of my best friends have birthdays this month!

No comments: