Monday, March 03, 2008

March already!!

The daffodils in my yard are blooming. Spring is on the way and I've barely posted all winter! I was pretty busy sewing costumes all January. We went to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, which was fabulous as always! Our Krewe's theme this year was Woo - Hoo Goes to the Circus. Our costumes were poodles and trainer - I think we turned out pretty cute!

Here we are in our best formation:
Poodles!

Check out the tails: mardigras08 043

More Mardi Gras fun can be found here.

In knitting news, I made an Urchin hat and a Fidget neckwarmer out of my handspun. It's modeled by my new mannequin head that I LOVE!
Urchin and Fidget

I've also started an Adult Surprise Jacket in Noro Kureyon for my aunt. I'm dying of the colors. It will be hard to give this one away, I hope she loves it!
Adult Surprise Jacket

A couple of weeks ago I spent an afternoon making terrariums. I want to make so many more and cover every surface in my house. Not only are they extremely cool to look at, the cats can't eat the plants inside! Bonus! Check out my set on Flickr.

Other than the costumes, I haven't been sewing much. I did get to check one item off the Uberlist when I made a circular knitting needle holder. I used vintage fabric that I've had for a while. It was only a tiny bit, and this was a perfect project!
Storage for circular needles I used vinyl stick-on letters and they seem to be holding up pretty well. One day I'll get the embroidery software for my sewing machine, but for now this works pretty well.

Spinning has been at a standstill the past two months. I really need to get back into it. However, I have been making some progress with opening the shop. I have an appointment to talk to a small business counselor in a couple of weeks, and I'm working on my business plan now. In the meantime, I'm working on an Etsy store. I'll post as soon as I have anything listed to sell!

2 comments:

Reference Librarian said...

I love your circular needle holder! It's sublime! The fabric / vinyl number combo is so great!

Marissa said...

Thanks, Molly!