Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Inspiration

It's been a while since I've blogged, so I thought a good start would be to show you something I put together that is inspired by  Nikol. She posted a while ago about Lou, who recycles plastic bags into awesome, fun stuff, and how she was going to start saving her plastic bags to send to Lou.  One problem with washing plastic bags is how to dry them, and Nikol came up with a cute, inexpensive alternative to purchasing a bag dryer.

Not having any tinker toys, or wanting to spend any money, I started looking around my house to see what I could find to make my own dryer. This is what I came up with:

Bag dryer 

It's a perforated metal bowl that I usually keep fruit in  and metal skewers. I put a towel underneath to catch any drips and to also keep the skewers from sliding around. It easily disassembles so I don't have to find a place to store it when not in use. Also, I can reposition the skewers to hold bigger bags open.

Here's the type of skewer I used. You could  also use chopsticks or anything else that would fit in the holes. Or use a colander instead of the perforated bowl. 

Bag dryer

Hooray for recycling!

No comments: