Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring is Here!

I live in the South, and winter is never very harsh, but I still get so excited when it's finally spring. I love all the flowers and blooming trees (not so much the allergies that accompany the blooming!) the warm breezes, the quality of light that is softer, more yellow.

When we moved into the house a couple of years ago I bought one of those huge mixed bags of daffodil bulbs. We have a pretty large yard, and I have a goal over the next few years to fill it completely with daffodils so in the spring it will be magical. My favorite daffodil of the mix, and there was only one of them, is this guy:
You can't tell from the picture, but these flowers are tiny - only an inch and a half across. Their scent, however, is huge! One sprig will scent an entire room and the aroma is sooo good - kind of reminiscent of a hyacinth, one of my other all-time favorite flowers. This one blooms later than the others, and I'm always a little anxious that it's not going to come back. I'm ordering another few bags of bulbs for next fall, I hope I get more of these little dudes!

I finally set up an Etsy shop. I've been meaning to for ages, I love the idea of so many crafters and artist having a marketplace and community. So far I'm selling vintage patterns. I have tons and I'll never be able to use them all, so hopefully someone will fall in love with them as much as I have. I'm starting with children's patterns, since I don't have kids and I know I won't be using them at all. They are easier to part with than those dress patterns I've been wanting to make for years! At some point I'll also be adding vintage clothing. I have some real gems that don't fit me anymore, and I also need to make room for new stuff in my closets. So be on the lookout!

Here's the shop link: Nashville Fiber

Now go buy lots of stuff!

2 comments:

Reference Librarian said...

Hello Marissa! I tagged you! It's a 7 random creative things meme that you haven't yet talked about on your blog!

Hope all is well!

xx

Anonymous said...

that is so cute!

Arlene,
West Bremerton florist